The Semiconductor and Integrated Opto-Electronics Conference will take place from the 30th March to 1st April 2021.
The conference will be online, hosted from Cardiff, UK.
SIOE aims to provide an informal atmosphere for the discussion of research in semiconductor opto-electronics.
Contributions are invited on the following indicative topics:
- Growth and fabrication including quantum dot materials and devices.
- Solar cells / photovoltaics
- Mid-infra-red semiconductor opto-electronics.
- Micro-cavity and photonic band-gap effects in semiconductor optoelectronics.
- Semiconductor lasers and optical sources including organics
- GaN based materials and devices
- Theory and numerical simulation of semiconductor optoelectronics
- Optical detectors, modulators, amplifiers and switches.
- All-optical and opto-electronic integrated circuits
Deadline for Abstracts: 1 February 2021
Contributions are sought in the form of oral (15 minutes including discussion) and poster papers.
Abstracts (1 A4 page in a form suitable for direct reproduction) should be sent to: James Atkinson, email: future-CSHub@cardiff.ac.uk
Please note that presentations will be recorded, if you would like to opt out of having your presentation recorded please let us know during abstract submission.
As SIOE 2021 will be online this year, registration is free. As well as being given access codes to all sessions and the abstract book, delegates will be given private access to any recordings of sessions to watch at time convenient for them.
We look forward to welcoming you to the SIOE conference 2021!