We fully endorse Cardiff Universities ethos on Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Anti-Racism and encompass these values in all practices and policies.
“Our aim is to establish an inclusive culture free from discrimination and based upon the values of dignity, courtesy, and respect. We recognise the right of every person to be treated in accordance with these values.”
The Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Anti-Racism hub at Cardiff was set up earlier this year (2023) to embed equality, diversity, inclusion, and anti-racism at all levels of the university. Cardiff University is also in the process of pursuing University of Sanctuary status, an initiative that recognises the good practice of universities in welcoming, supporting and empowering people seeking sanctuary.
This status promotes a culture of welcome and brings together existing work to support forced migrants and asylum seekers, as well as further develop support for displaced individuals.
The School of Physics and Astronomy at Cardiff hold the Athena Swan silver Award as well as Champion status for Project Juno, Institute of Physics
University-level awards held by Cardiff and our University partners:
- Athena Swan: Silver Award Sheffield and UCL; Bronze Award – Cardiff and Manchester
- Disability Confident: Manchester, Sheffield
- Race Equality Charter: Bronze Award – Manchester, UCL; Member – Cardiff
Faculty and Departmental Levels Awards:
- Cardiff Physics – Juno Champion and Athena Swan Silver
- Manchester Electrical & Electronic Engineering – Athena Swan Bronze
- Manchester Physics – Juno Champion
- Sheffield Electrical & Electronic Engineering – Athena Swan Bronze
- Sheffield Physics – Juno Practitioner
- UCL Electrical & Electronic Engineering – Athena Swan Bronze
- UCL Physics – Athena Swan Silver and Juno Champion