The Semiconductor Integrated Opto-Electronics (SIOE) Conference will take place in Cardiff, Wales from 7-9 April 2020.
The conference aims to provide an informal atmosphere for the discussion of research in semiconductor opto-electronics.
Call for papers
Deadline for abstracts is Saturday 1st February 2020
Register here for tickets and more information
Contributions are sought in the form of oral papers (15 minutes including discussion) and poster papers.
Contributions are invited on the following indicative topics:
- Growth and fabrication including quantum dot materials and devices.
- Solar cells / photovoltaics
- Mid-infra-red semiconductor opto-electronics.
- Micro-cavity and photonic band-gap effects in semiconductor optoelectronics.
- Semiconductor lasers and optical sources including organics
- GaN based materials and devices
- Theory and numerical simulation of semiconductor optoelectronics
- Optical detectors, modulators, amplifiers and switches.
- All-optical and opto-electronic integrated circuits.
Abstracts (one A4 page in a form suitable for direct reproduction) should be sent to:
James Atkinson, Cardiff University, School of Physics and Astronomy, Cardiff, CF24 3AA, Wales, UK. email: future-CSHub@cardiff.ac.uk
Early bird registration (before 16th March 2020)
- Delegates: £245
- Student delegates: £195
Late registration (after 6th March 2020)
- Delegates: £305
- Student delegates: £245
- One day registration: £145.00
- To obtain the student delegate rate, students must register using the “Register Here” link above and complete a SIOE 2020 Special Rate Registration Form for Delegates which must be signed by your supervisor and returned to Future-CSHub@cardiff.ac.uk Please note there is no VAT on conference fees.
- Accompanying person at the banquet: £65
- Thanks to our sponsors we are able to support participation for a limited number of retired scientists, through reduction or waiver of the conference registration fee. Applicants are asked to complete a registration form and separately send a request for support to Future-CSHub@cardiff.ac.uk by the 30th of March 2020
- The 2020 banquet is included in the cost of registration
- Pre-dinner drinks and the conference banquet will be held in the Banqueting Hall at Cardiff castle. When booking your ticket please remember to mention any specific dietary requirements